Volunteering helps build your resume!
Would you like a new challenge? Would you like to be more involved in your community? Would you like to make a difference in someone else’s life? Would you like to acquire a new experience and improve your resume? Then you should give your name as a volunteer worker in an organisation of your region!
Volunteering will definitely «boost» your resume to the eyes of an employer as it reveals that you have a strong sense of responsibility and commitment. Getting involved in your community demonstrates leadership and compassion in helping others. Volunteering can actually lead to direct job opportunities.
Remember that volunteer work is a great way to acquire professional experience.
To help you search for different volunteer opportunities:
- I-volunteer.ca : http://jebenevole.ca/pg_OfferSearch.php
- CSSS: http://www.csssgatineau.qc.ca/notre_organisation/association_des_benevoles/notre_benevolat/
- SPCA : http://www.spca-outaouais.org/benevolat
- Gatineau Park (CCN) : http://www.ncc-ccn.gc.ca/places-to-visit/gatineau-park/volunteer-gatineau-park
- Réseau de l’action bénévole du Québec : http://www.rabq.ca/